Regularly scheduled checkups for kids, should begin shortly after birth and continue throughout the teenage years. At Atlanta Pediatric Partners, we follow the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Guidelines on well-child visits.
During a well-child visit, our board-certified pediatricians and nurse practitioners perform the following:
- A routine physical examination to gauge the overall health and wellness of your child.
- A comparison of data from your child’s previous visits to help track their general growth and development.
- A catch up on any necessary shots (immunizations or vaccinations).
- Other important tests like body mass index (BMI), hearing and vision checks, and more.
- A discussion on topics related to your child’s health and safety including illness prevention, nutrition, and physical fitness.
Well-child visits are a great way to help build the bond between our pediatric providers and staff, our patients, and their parents. During the appointment, it’s important to make sure that you bring up any worries you may have about your child’s growth and development, especially if you are concerned that your child is not reaching important milestones. We encourage you to ask questions, medical or otherwise during these well-child visits. Our providers may be able to help direct you towards the answers you are looking for regarding a wide range of topics from your child’s learning and development to potty training to car safety, and so much more.
For more information or if you would like to schedule a well-child visit, please contact Atlanta Pediatric Partners today!